Jeff was born in Winter Park, Florida, where he lived until he moved to Tampa with his family. He spent the next seven years in Boston where he studied economics and history at Boston College and attended law school at Suffolk University Law School. While at Suffolk, Jeff was the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of High Technology Law.
Jeff is currently living in Boca Raton with his family, and is focusing his practice in both state and federal courts in the areas of commercial litigation and appellate law.
Jeff also maintains a blog analyzing decisions from the Florida appellate courts and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. His blog, "The Florida Legal Blog," may be found at www.floridalegalblog.org.
- Boston College, B.A. (2003)
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D. (2006)
- Journal of High Technology Law (Editor-in-Chief)
- Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honor Society
- Dean's List
- The Florida Bar
- Appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, 2012-2014
- Appellate Court Rules Committee, Member, July 1, 2011-June 30, 2014; Vice Chair, General Practice Subcommittee
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida and the Northern District of Florida
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- The Federal Bar Association
- Junior Achievement of South Florida, Board of Directors
- Emerge Broward (Leadership Broward)
- Pantoja v. Edward Zengel & Son Express, Inc., 12-10036, 2012 WL 6117886 (11th Cir. 2012).
- Rooney v. Wells Fargo, 102 So. 3d 734 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012).
- Williams v. Bank of America, 101 So. 3d 1288 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012).
- Vargas v. Washington Mutual Bank, 89 So. 3d 262 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012).
- Beaulieu v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 80 So. 3d 365 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012).
- Fla. Ins. Guar. Ass'n. v. Somerset Homeowners Ass'n, 83 So. 3d 850 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011).
- Diedrick-Clarke v. Washington Mut. Bank, 73 So. 3d 814 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011).
- Fla. Ins. Guar. Ass'n. v. Devon, 67 So. 3d 187 (Fla. 2011).
- Risch v. Bank of America, N.A., 72 So. 3d 161 (Fla. 2d DCA 2011).
- Fla. Ins. Guar. Ass'n, Inc. v. Smothers, 65 So. 3d 541 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011).
- Jagodinski v. Washington Mutual Bank, 63 So. 3d 791 (Fla. 1st DCA 2011).
- Osborne v. Dumoulin, 55 So. 3d 577 (Fla. 2011).
- Rodrigo v. JPMorgan Chase Bank Nat. Ass'n., 47 So. 3d 970 (Fla. 4th DCA 2010).
- Gateway Investors, LLC v. Innovest Capital, Inc., 09-16404, 2010 WL 4398411 (11th Cir. Nov. 8, 2010).
- GrayRobinson, P.A. v. Fireline Restoration, Inc., 46 So. 3d 170 (Fla. 4th DCA 2010).
- Fla. Ins. Guar. Ass'n, Inc. v. Olympus Assoc., Inc., 34 So. 3d 791 (Fla. 4th DCA 2010).
- Roberts v. Brown, 43 So. 3d 673 (Fla. 2010).
- RGS Labs International, Inc. v. The Sherwin-Williams Company, Et Al, No. 09-14242-CIV, 2010 WL 317778 (S.D. Fla. Jan. 11, 2010).
- SunTrust Bank v. Electronic Wireless Corp., 23 So. 3d 774 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009).
- Derespina v. North Broward Hosp. Dist., 19 So. 3d 1128 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009).
- Tracfone Wireless, Inc. v. Blue Ocean's Distributing, LLC, 616 F. Supp. 2d 1284 (S.D. Fla. 2009).
- In re Matthew J. Whitehead, III, 399 B.R. 570 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2009).
- John Daly Enterprises, LLC v. Hippo Golf Co., Inc., 646 F. Supp. 2d 1347 (S.D. Fla. 2009).
- Fla. Ins. Guar. Ass'n, Inc. v. Shadow Wood Condominium Ass'n, 26 So. 3d 610 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009).
- Fla. Ins. Guar. Ass'n, Inc. v. Devon Neighborhood Ass'n, Inc., 33 So. 3d 48 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009), review granted 2010 WL 3737637, 43 So. 3d 44 (Fla. Sep. 22, 2010), reversed 67 So. 3d 187 (Fla. 2011).
- John Daly Enterprises, LLC v. Hippo Golf Co., Inc., No. 08-61401-CIV, 2009 WL 4855455 (S.D. Fla. May 27, 2009).
- Kaplan v. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., 300 Fed. Appx. 734, 07-11699, 2008 WL 4926623 (11th Cir. Nov. 19, 2008).
- Merriken v. Am. Maritime Off. Vacation Plan, et al, 08-60687, 2008 WL 4899126 (S.D. Fla. Sept. 29, 2008).
- Am. Maritime Off. Union v. Merriken, 981 So. 2d 544 (Fla. 4th DCA 2008).
- Wavestone Props., LLC v. Fortune Dev. Sales Corp., 978 So. 2d 830 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008).
- Review of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom & Intellectual Property Law" by Lawrence Rosen (Author, 2005, Bimonthly Review of Law Books and Journal of High Technology Law).
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS